Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A year of running

As promised in this post I've been fairly regular in my workouts but not so regular when it comes to posting once a week.It's been a year since I started running. The last time I ran before 2012 was sometime in '94. And I still remember the first day of my run (in 2012) with the running group when an embarrassed me could not even complete 3/4ths of a kilometre. A year later, today , after having completed two half marathons and a 10k , I'm totally addicted to running.

Running has totally helped in keeping me away from the doctors. Earlier, I'd do at least one trip every 3 months to some doctor or the other. And most often it'd be a visit to the general physician for fever / cold / cough related ailments. I realized haven't visited a doctor in more than a year when I had to consult an ophthalmologist last week.

Of course, running (along with eating right) has helped me lose quite a bit of excess baggage, namely my weight (The credit for weight loss should also go to my super duper nutritionist M). And with more weight loss I've begun to run faster and the faster I run, the more I lose. I feel really happy even if I run for 5 minutes. Running is now  a routine, a habit. It's an absolute joy completing what you've set out to achieve.


Here's a picture of me initiating a very dear friend Ummon into running. We ran for a bit on the hills of Kumaon last week when four of us drove there on a holiday.

.
To all those wanting to run, here's what I say



1 comment:

  1. Seriously, one more reason why I should run... I have a million excuses for not running while One good reason why I should! I should Run for my life ;)( good health)

    ReplyDelete

Kya Bolta?