Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ten-Tana-Ten

When Oprah Winfrey lost 67 pounds, she actually wheeled in 67 pounds of actual fat (slightly ughh to look at I thought) on her show to give an idea of how much weight she had lost. Read about it here. I'm not for liquid dieting and such crap. But the idea of carrying an equivalent weight (not blobs of fat please) of what one loses is nice. So every time the weighing scale goes down, instead of worrying about how much more to go, you pick an equivalent weight of what you've lost and carry it. 

Since the weekly grocery shopping does involve carrying a few kilos of vegetables & other household supplies I've never tried the above based on the actual number of kgs lost. But I get a sense of since all my grocery bags put together weigh about 3-4 kgs. And it's a big struggle lugging them to the parking lot from the shops and I hate those few minutes of tumbling and tripping on the road.

This weekend I just realized how it would be if I attempt to carry the equivalent weight of what I've lost in the past few months. Pretty sure I'd lie flat on the road after the first few steps. 10 kgs of groceries isn't that easy to carry no? Yes!  Have lost a good ten kilos thanks to running and swimming. The weight loss has been fairly slow and steady. Met some friends from my earlier workplace last evening at an event after and everyone without an exception mentioned the weight loss. Was really really happy.

After a few months I'd hopefully try and attempt to carry a sack that gets delivered at our Madras veedu at regular intervals. And that's our 20 kgs arisi mootai.


2 comments:

  1. :) it is a great feeling indeed. Doing what you live an getting results! Congrats

    ReplyDelete

Kya Bolta?