Saturday, August 4, 2012

En friend-a pola...

A is one of my closest & most favourite friends. He is one typical Rouse man of Madras. Our nakkal, nayyandi and pulling each other's legs have been continuing for the last 18 years.

Have noticed even he has a weight yo-yo problem. Every time I used to meet him during my visits to Madras, I'd find him to put on weight, lose weight, again look like uncle-ji and so on. Recently when I visited him I noticed a cycle parked inside his house and he mentioned he had started cycling. Boy, it showed and how! He looked like how he was in college. Was thoroughly impressed 'coz I was under the impression pal was a lazy bum sitting and getting all the chores done by his wonderful wife S. 

A mentioned he cycled quite a bit every day. And his fb status / pictures during weekends were filled with his trips with fellow cyclists from the Madras cycling club. And I'd activate my fb once in a while to go back and see what he was upto with his cycling. One fine day two months ago, I saw pictures of his 10K run. Wondered when he had started to run. Spoke to him and he mentioned something that I was very very proud of. Apparently I am one of the inspirations behind him to take up running. 

I hope he runs a lot more and gets S, his wife and dear friend also to run.

The week closed with a total of 42 kms. Not bad considering my goal is to do 50 a week starting this month. Today's run was terrible. Took a new route filled with men defecating on the road, veggie vendors offloading the veggies from the truck & so on. This slackened my pace a bit apart from the tiresomeness post the gym weight training yesterday after a long time, which was bleh!

2 comments:

  1. Engalukkum. Cycling, slow jogging - naanga puthusa seithu kondirukkum payirchi Ellam ungal kadaksham. Nandri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engalukkum. Cycling, slow jogging - naanga puthusa seithu kondirukkum payirchi Ellam ungal kadaksham. Nandri

    ReplyDelete

Kya Bolta?