Thursday, July 4, 2013

I have chosen to be happy...

Last couple of months haven't been particularly great. May was slightly stressful and I had just started work on something new. Running, swimming, walking everything took a back seat. The swimming pool was shut the whole of June due to "monsoons-contaminated water-blah and blah". So June too was gone. And I'm aware these are stupid excuses but it was my decision to put swimming and running on hold for some time.

Not working out had taken a toll on my health. With the increasing stress levels the neck pain was getting more and more unbearable.  I've just resumed swimming and it's amazing how it has managed to take off the stress just like that.

The stress levels are not likely to come down at least for the next couple of months. Brooding and staying unhappy ain't going to achieve anything. And I cannot brood or be upset for more than an hour at any given day. It tires me. Have been blessed with this amazing thing of forgetting what I was upset for within the next 24 hours. I get bored of being upset too easily. The mind is constantly looking for things that'll make me happy  - food, friends, swimming, running in that order. 

With more than the required quota of food being consumed every day, it's time to swim and be happy!


Will resume running in the next week and hopefully the health situation should get better automatically. 

1 comment:

  1. how often we refuse to say no to all that's stressing us out. This is something I've been actively trying to do too! Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Kya Bolta?