Saturday, August 25, 2012

Half century!

At the start of this month, had written about my aasai of the month which was to run atleast 50 k per week. The first two and a half weeks went running an average of 25-40 per week. This week started on a super 10.2 k run last Saturday (18th August) . The long weekend plans went for a toss as I fell ill. I wasn't alone. The husband too was down with fever and both of us ended up staying indoors for 48 hours. Kinda recovered on Tuesday and went for a good 12k run on Wednesday (22nd Aug).

Thursday (23rd Aug) was a super duper day with a good 12.2 k early in the morning. Felt bored in the evening and decided to go for a stroll. It ended up being a long run of 10k. Was totally unprepared since I hadn't carried my water bottle. Lost my way somewhere after 8k running in the marshy lands. Managed to get a cab back to the main road and completed the 2k. So it was a total of 22k in one day between morning and evening. This personally has been my best running day till now. And yesterday (24th Aug) was a 6k run

From struggling to run 100 mts in Feb, moving to 6k at a stretch at the end of the same month to running my first 10 k in March and now to running 50.4 k this week, it has been one awesome ride. Hope am able to sustain this momentum in the coming weeks as well.

1 comment:

  1. That is indeed awesome ! Here is wishing you many more kilometers and roads to stride on !!

    All the very best to you

    ReplyDelete

Kya Bolta?